Thursday, April 8, 2021

Poems by Lonzie and Carl Crawford

 

Poems by Lonzie Crawford

 

Pride of My Heart

 

You're the pride of my heart

My hope and my joy

Lord knows I love you

My sweetheart soldier boy

Lonely oh! I'm so lonely

No more happiness

My heart aches so

Since our last caresses

 

Pride of my heart

I'll try not to pine

I'll bear up dear

For your sake and mine

May the Lord speed you back

My hope and my joy

You're the pride of my heart

My Sweetheart soldier boy

 

Just Remember

 

Just remember when spring comes again

Just remember the blue birds will sing again

Don't forget the blue skies above

Don't forget the one that you love

Just remember that some one still cares

Just remember your burden she shares

And when the rainbow is so very near

Just remember me dear.

 

I Don't Care Who Knows

 

I don't care who knows it

I'm in love with you

I guess I'll always be this way

Nothing you do or say can ever change me

I'm for you forever

Yours my whole life through

that's how I am and

I don't care who knows it

I'm in love with you


****************************************************************************


The Rebels Argument

 

by Carl Crawford

 

Come all of you from Northern parts,

both city folks and rural,

and listen while I tell you this.

The word “you-all” is plural!

 

When we say, “you-all”

must come down

or we-all shall be lonely,

we mean a dozen folks, perhaps,

and not one person only.

 

Now, If I should to Hiram Jones,

for instance, say “you-all” are lazy,

or will “you-all” lend me your knife?

He'd think that I was crazy.

 

So, if you be more sociable,

and with us more often mingle,

You'd find that on the native tong

“you-all” is never single.

 

Don't think that I mean to criticize,

or act as if I knew all, but,

when we speak of one alone,

we all say “you-all”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hazel's Story (and extra pictures)

My Mother’s Story Hazel Lucille Mutzner Oct. 21, 1927 to Jan. 10, 1990 Hazel told us (her children) a few memories of her life when she was ...